Saturday, October 30, 2010

We Were Not The People That We Turned Out To Be




Reasons To Be Happy #31
1. Scooby Doo
2. Spaghetti
3. Mary Poppins
4. Flat pumpkins
5. Interesting names
6. Little Monsters
7. Whistling
8. Braided belts
9. Familiar faces
10. Merry Happy- by Kate Nash

Right now I'm facebook chatting Karl and having a bowl of spaghetti. I also just downed like 4 cups of vanilla maple tea. Mmmm fall. Today was not very eventful actually. I woke up at 1...the usual, and then set off to get coffee and drop off a halloween costume-sadly no one was home...So I talked to Carolyn on the phone for like an hour and then headed to the mini-pumkin patch by my house! I picked out a beautiful Cinderella pumpkin in my 6 inch heels. I got A LOT of funny looks:) Trekking through mud in my spice world shoes! Wonderful:) I also drove by the house I grew up in today-just to see what it looked like now. It was always so beautiful there in the fall-I just had to see my tree stump of my beloved maple. I gazed at the fence I helped my father build, my old treefort, the orchard. Life is funny isn't it? After that I headed to drop off the costume. That was an interesting event. It was a little Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind for me. I thought if I could go back and change this memory...or if I could just keep this one...just the way it is...and then there was a moment where I thought I'm okay-the memories don't affect me at all. I kind of wished I would just stop remembering though. My mind was a total clusterfuck of thoughts. It went well anyhow, the conversation I mean-So I guess part of my brain was still engaged. After that I went to the show. My car is such a mess. There's no garbage...but CLOTHES everywhere. Well at the show, I did fairly well! The was a large selection of food backstage per usual-haystacks, veggie platter, cookies, candy, watermelon, banana bread. Delicious. During the Act 1 finale I tripped so hardcore on the blood glitter though. I would have face-planted had Matt not caught me. Of course this caused me to do the rest of the number laughing out of my mind. Tomorrow is closing night and my goal is to learn the words for the Act 1 finale-for I still don't know them. "If you want your wish you can blahblah wish...wish...wish?" Is pretty much what comes out of my mouth every night. During rehearsal Matt and I used to list of different kinds of food "Chimichanga wish, jolly rancher wish.." Doesn't really work during an actual performance I've found. Anyhow! Heidi Fredricks, my beloved acting coach and friend was there tonight and I was so nervous! Which is just silly, because she will love whatever we do-but I just adore her! I found her in the audience immediately-along with Harrison, who decided to sit front row. Carolyn was hardly pleased:) I got really really emotional during No One Is Alone tonight. After the show, I walked with Matt to the car-usual, and then rode home-singing Mariella. My brother had two friends in the driveway...new ones that I don't know well. It's odd how my brother's friends work: there's the ones that are like my other brothers: Ben and Coop and Fig and Ezra and Clayton...pretty much, give or take. And then there are the shy ones that I don't remember their names-who are sweet but awkward. And then...then there are the show off annoying ones who don't understand our age difference...Please dear god don't hit on me. It makes me want to roll into a ball and die that the only person who hits on me is a 13 year old, and I'm sure that my brother also finds it weird...No it is not fate that we both like hummus....gross. I had a wonderful chat with Daphne just now! I asked her what she was doing and she literally said "oh not a lot. I'm headed to Paris..." WHAT. I wish that was my life-"Oh not much, going to the Eiffel Tower-maybe Versailles if I get bored...you know." I actually just sighed:) She said she will think of me there. I can't wait to go back! Oh my, well I must retire. Tomorrow I'm going to surprise Danny with a pumpkin pie milkshake after his classes...if I ever wake up:) I shall try!

Definition: Vegetables- Disgusting.
Piece of Mind: Today during No One Is Alone I looked up to find Heidi sitting in the second row-right where I usually sing to. I starting singing to her and then I started to cry. I remembered my first lead-Timoune in Once On This Island. I was so scared. I had zero confidence-Heidi was the acting coach, and my hero. There was this one day I remember where we were sitting in the studio, going over my lines, just me and her, analyzing scene by scene. We got to the part where Daniel leaves Timoune. He says "I thought you understood that we could never be together." and then she falls apart. She cries, she hears voices. And as I was losing my mind, pouring out my soul for the first time ever-Heidi started crying. I remember looking at her and asking if I had done something wrong and she just smiled through her tears and said "No. You just get it." I lost it tonight during that song. I could see her crying in the audience, and I started too and I just couldn't stop.

"I shouldn’t want the song to end. I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I’m seeing we don’t live in a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here."

Tomorrow this song ends. I wonder what the next one has in store for me.
Goodnight lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment