Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm Madly In Love With You And It Isn't Because Of Your Brains Or Personality


Reasons To Be Happy #21
1. Making other people happy
2. Disney Movies
3. Ballpoint pens
4. Morning dew
5. Compliments
6. Epic bruises
7. Infomercials
8. Sitting by the fire in your underwear

Okay...the last one was a little strange I'll admit-but it's so true! Every time fall/winter comes around I always find myself reading by the fire in my skivvies...and in this case, blogging. If Andra wakes up she's going to be so confused as to why I am not wearing clothes-actually probably not. I'm always naked. Anyways-let's get down to business. Today was such a great experience. Last night I was an absolute mess. It took everything in me to think of reasons to be happy in general, and even more to think of reasons to be happy with myself. Earlier this week, I had a low moment where I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "I don't like you still." How perfectly awful. Since that moment I've realized that becoming the person I want to be will not happen over night and that everyday I get closer to my ideal destination. I guess all I really want is to be a better person, to be the best that I can be.
Today I had so many supportive friends call me, they filled me with such love:) I really needed it too, because honestly I didn't get much sleep. They all told me comforting words and I was just so thankful. A lot of them were angry too though-and I told them not be. I'm not angry. I don't have any room to harbor resentment, and besides I really have no reason to be bitter. He's such a quality person, and he still means a lot to me. I'm glad he's found some happiness, even if I don't understand it.
I woke up to Nana licking my hand at like 8:00 AM after going to sleep around 4. I rolled (literally) out of bed, and hopped in the shower. Then I got some coffee-surprise, and Nana and I set off on our adventure to the vet's office. She adores riding in the car-and Lady GaGa (driving sing-a-long). I really wanted to see if she had a chip and the shelter was closed so I stopped by but to no avail:( No chip for Nana. It was absolute hell trying to get her into the building. I was dragged for a little while but finally managed to get her inside with a treat. I'm not used to dogs. After that incident, I stopped by Alayna's to check in with Samara and Sierra. Everyone was a little worried after seeing the infamous facebook post. It's so silly how big of a deal facebook is, it really shouldn't be. But nevertheless I stopped by and they asked all about my plans-no one really wanted me to be alone. They really are great friends. I drove the dog home (to my home I mean) and then quickly got back in the car after seeing that the new girlfriend had been so kind as to tag me in a picture. Please. Call attention to yourself. As if I didn't feel small enough without you being a bitch to me.
I don't care if I go off to college and have freedom, I don't care if all of the laws disintegrate. I will always keep it classy. I will never ever be deliberately mean to someone who's already down. It's absolute evil. So i got into the car and just drove away.
Soon after, I arrived at a gas station and like I said before, I HATE PUMPING GAS, so I may have pretended that I didn't know how to do it and this guy may have came to my car and done it for me...what a kind soul! Then I got a call from Carolyn asking if I was okay. We made plans to get dinner with Danny. I went downtown and met Rachel, who was in town for the day. I felt so bad! The last time Rachel saw me I was an absolute wreck! And granted, i was nothing compared to that-but she had definitely talked me up to her roommates and I was not that great (not that i am normally?) so I'm planning on going and staying with them soon. I found out that Rachel was the one who mass texted everyone the news of yesterday. I feel so exposed from all of this. After getting some coffee, I met Carolyn for our date and it was just lovely. Danny came a little late but it was good to see them. We probably talked about nothing in the restaurant for about 2 hours, and I had the most divine spring rolls you could ever ask for. My tea right now is pretty delicious too:) Then as Carolyn and I were walking down the street we noticed a flyer on a pole...and then on EVERY pole. "lost dog."
NANA!!!!
I immediately called and the man was so happy, he told me that he'd meet me anywhere and that he just couldn't wait to see his dog. We met at Tops after dinner and he started crying when he saw her- it was so cute. I definitely teared up, and the dog (Bora is her real name) was so so happy to see her owner! He then asked me if he could possibly take me to dinner, which was sweet, but I declined. Andra and I headed to my house-exhausted but definitely happy:) Now I'm drinking tea and watching infomercials. Oh how I love infomercials...there are so many things that I never knew that I needed! It makes me so grateful that they hire these people to tell me why I need things. I am obsessed with the bedazzler and with the bake and fill. On the list of things I need in my life-there's number one and number two-closely followed by the shamwow.
Alright well it's late and I STILL need to hi-light my Little Women script.

Definition: Personalized tumblers- Ideal for any day, any time. Hot beverages especially. Just so cute:) Perfect christmas gifts.
Piece of Mind: Oh what can I say that I haven't already? My whole post was basically a piece of mind. I guess what I can say is that it will get better, I'm not bitter, and that I appreciate everyone who checked up on me. And that despite yesterday-I really did have a good day today:)

"Everybody just pretend to be normal."

I'm going to seriously kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment