Friday, October 8, 2010

So Happy I Could Die


Reasons To Be Happy #12
1. My best friend, Eddie Carroll
2. An elephant teapot
3. Driving at night
4. Banana bread
5. An entertained audience
6. The color olive
7. Cheez-It duos
8. The "Like" button on facebook

Oh today! Today was epic-but I'm at Andra's so this post will be rather short. I got my license. I passed:) I took the car to rehearsal-did a truly horrible job of parking, and then went on to have a splendid opening night. I got a coffee from starbucks earlier that was so delicious and then dropped in to R.J's for our opening night celebration. My only complaint about the show was that my dresser totes forgot about me and just didn't change me out of my ballgown. Thank god Matt and Patrick were there to save my ass. Now I'm watercoloring with Andra at 2 in the morning. I drove here. What fun:) Today when I got to my station at calltime I noticed a lovely gift with a card sticking out that said New Jersey...of course Eddie had sent me an opening night gift from NJ! A little ceramic teapot, in the shape of elephant and a detailed letter. I started sobbing. How could I not? What a terrific friend. He called me around 6 and I let him listen to Carolyn's mic check, and then HE started crying. He told me he was proud of me and that made me cry even more. It was so stupid, but kind of touching at the same time.
I moved all of my things out of Alayna's house, it was actually kind of hard for me too! I thought that I would be thrilled to be going back home, but I guess the truth is that they were just as much a family to me as anyone has ever been. I don't really want to go back to the house. It's so much easier to find reasons to be happy when I'm not living there. I'm always sad when I'm there. I dwell on the past, I let others tear down my good mood and...well dreams. I'm going to get a job this week. This is the week. I just know it. And as soon as I get that job-I will find a place and move away:) I'm that much closer to having freedom. Got my paycheck today too. I think I will buy a scarf for myself because I'm so cold and then the rest will go to my gas tank. Oh providence, my gas tank, of my car.

Ah. Well I'm sure that more happened today but I will type about it later-my camera is still at the playhouse...so not a real picture todaysies:(

Dream- Heal your emotional wounds and rejuvenate.
Definition- Amy Adams- The most beautiful actress ever.
Piece of Mind- I love my friends. I have never felt so much love in my life.

"Art is a lie that makes us realize truth."-Pablo Picasso

Those words are so beautiful. And so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment