Friday, October 22, 2010

Just say Hello. They May Ignore You Or Marry You But It's Worth One Word.




Reasons To Be Happy #24
1. Stripes
2. Plastic rings in cupcakes
3. Togas
4. Carousels
5. Redvines
6. Lemon poppyseed muffins
7. Straws
8. Dressing up animals for halloween
9. Laughter
10. Thrifting

Today was epic! Although I did not expect it to be when I woke up...It was one of those mornings where you think "I'm just going to lay here for awhile..." and then you don't ever get up. I actually had to get up at like 7 to move my car...but that was actually really scary because when I'm tired I definitely drive like a drunk-so tonight I parked somewhere where I wouldn't be in the way. Anyways, I called Danny to tell him I didn't want to go anywhere and he demanded that I get out of bed-so I did and headed to his apartment. And their little apartment is so cute! I'm totally getting them a housewarming gift-maybe something to do with cheeseburgers, since all both of them do is consume Mcdonalds! We went today and neither of them even looked the menu...I don't know how they stay so thin. Anyways we hung out there for awhile and then decided that we were going to go thrifting at Value Village (which was conveniently down the road). We probably spent about 2 hours in there-the highlights of our trip include A. We found a cabbage patch doll head in a bag, for 5 dollars...how creepy is that?!! Like why was the head collected, who bagged it...and who in their right mind would ever buy a cabbage patch doll-let alone a cabbage patch doll head. I totally almost bought it...B. I found a Sailor Moon mug and almost cried. 2 dollars that I will not regret spending-why would you ever get rid of something so precious? My theory is that the person who owned it must have died and had no living relatives to will it to. Now it's mine. I can't wait to use it. C. Danny is going as a Golden Girl for Halloween and he found the most fantastical, hysterical outfit ever. Matt actually opened the dressing room door and then just immediately shut it because he was so shocked and was laughing so hard. We were like on the floor of the dressing room cracking up. With the polka-dotted dress and gold clip-on earrings...absolute perfection. D. I found Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone and you know I had to sit on the floor and read all of chapter one. E. I found a 4 dollar over-sized sweater and I bought it. F. The cashier told me that he was still drunk from the night before. G. I LOST MY CAR KEYS IN THE STORE. and looked for them for about 30 minutes. So terrifying and embarrassing. and the whole time Danny and Matt were making jokes that they were in my hair...Matt and Danny argue like an old married couple and I'm obsessed with it. There are about 1 million reasons they should be on The Amazing Race.
After that I was so incredibly late for the BEAKA gathering that I sped all the way there and even did some of my makeup while driving-which is terrible! I won't do it again though-I don't want to die. Anyhow the party was lovely, even though i only got stay for about 20 minutes. We had cider and banana bread and vodka pasta-delicious. It was really great to see everyone too. I wish I had had more time! Then I went to the show and literally procrastinated so much that I had 15 minutes to do my hair, makeup, get into costume, and pee. Talk about stressful. I hope I don't do that ever again. After the show-which went quite well, but felt really long- Matt and I headed to Sizzizis for a cup of coffee. He ate up that atmosphere! I ran into Jake Lander there, it was kind of awkward but nice to see a familiar face nonetheless:) Then Matt walked me to my car (I'm in love with him) and thank god he did because there were two suspicious looking guys talking about "bitches this" and "bitches that." and I was extremely uncomfortable. Then I blasted The Strokes, only my favorite band ever, all the way to Andra's. Once I got there I ate banana bread, and we skyped Isaac because it's his birthday! Isaac is definitely like the Matthew McConaughey of our friends. He's always shirtless. Always. So of course skyping him meant seeing his silly little pecs-what a tardmo. We made fun of him and then we sang to him. Definitely made his birthday more memorable. He complained to us about how his girlfriend was a hardcore republican and he didn't know what to do...that's definitely a toughy. His last girlfriend was a psycho bitch and I might even prefer her over a homophobic maneater. Anyhow, talking to Isaac was nice! Derrick texted me and asked me if I wanted to come over but I said no-I think I'm seeing him and Kevin tomorrow though. Funzies. Speaking of "ies"...new Very Mary Kate episode today. There is nothing like watching some MK. It always always always without fail makes my day. I didn't talk to Eddie today-which sucks. I'll call him tomorrow though:) Now I'm sitting at the kitchen table typing. I'm totes ready to wash off all of this stage makeup and call it a night. I think Samara is coming over tomorrow!

Dream: This symbolizes self-discovery. You are trying to evaluate a situation. You are breaking an old image of yourself.
Definition: Fresh faced- to not wear makeup during the day because you have something more important going on later and your skin will disown you if you add coverup to it any earlier than needed. Long sentence...
Piece of Mind: Today I decided during the Bakers Wife's song that I was going to lie down and look at the ceiling backstage. I never noticed how different it looked from that angle. The hanging nets seemed like they were floating and larger, the roof seemed higher and leakier..and it made me smile. Because isn't that just like life? Sometimes you need to see other perspectives-let me rephrase that-ALWAYS you need to consider other perspectives, whether it's looking at the theatre ceiling from the Alexander rest position on the floor, or seeing another side of a situation...or anything. There are so many ways to see it all.

"The way I see it
Isn't necessarily
The way you see it
Or the way it ought be be
What's more important
is that we're all
Looking for it
and a way to see it."

One of my all time favorites. I won't ever forget the day that starbucks cup came into my life.
:)
Goodnight Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment