Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm A Pretty Impossible Lady To Be With



Reasons To Be Happy #38
1. Humphry, my stuffed camel
2. Kittens
3. Sitting by the fire
4. Gloves
5. Winona Ryder
6. Calendars
7. Lingering cigarette smoke
8. Laughing uncontrollably
9. Painting
10. Orange juice

Oh my, today has been quite a good day! But right now I'm afraid that I'm lying in bed with a dreadful migraine-I vomited about an hour ago. My nose is also very very swollen but I don't really feel up to venturing to the car in the dead of night...and in the pouring rain to fetch my medicine. Well all of that aside, today went quite well! I woke up and got ready to head to voice lessons and to take care of my bounced check...and got some coffee on the way. I didn't end up having a voice lesson because the power was still out when I arrived there, but I stayed to talk with Steven for awhile and it came back on! My check was taken care of and I went home to practice a bit before rehearsal and to do the dishes. I ended up doing both of those things and talking to Rachel via skype for about 30 minutes and I talked to Danny on the phone for about an hour. Then I went and filled up my gas tank and headed downtown. I parked by CP but walked to Starbucks, and when I got there I started having a conversation with the employees while rummaging through my purse for the credit card. They asked if I wanted my usual and I said..."Hmmm I don't know...no..." and then I heard a mocking voice go "nooo." and I looked up to find my Patrick working behind the counter!!! I was seriously so excited that I screamed and then ran behind the counter to hug him. He made me two coffees free of charge and we talked of the new Very Mary Kate episodes. Then he decorated our cups with "I love you"s and whatnot:) I miss that boy! I brought Danny his coffee and went to a very productive runthrough! I feel better about this show everyday. Although I did watch the movie tonight (Oh my god...Winona Ryder just breaks my heart) and it was beautiful! It isn't the book, but so much is how I pictured it. I cried through the whole thing. It was so touching. After rehearsal, during notes session to be exact, someone that I will not mention the name of said something ridiculous and Danny and I both just started laughing so hard. But it was really inappropriate to be laughing at-so we were both trying to hide it and Danny actually got up and left the room because we could nottt stop laughing.

Definition: Very Mary Kate- The most fantastic youtube series ever. Starting a whole new set of slang words such as "funzies" and "favesies."

Piece of mind: Today when Marmee sang her ballad about Beth's death, Carolyn and I cried so much. This show has not been very easy for me and I think it's honestly just because I don't have sisters. So for this whole time I've been thinking-well i don't know what that's like...but I had this great moment today where I looked at a picture of all of my dear K8 friends and I laughing at a cafe in France. They are my sisters. I mean Capital Playhouse raised us all together and I've always considered them family. We save each other, stick up for one another, we make beautiful harmony, we quarrel recklessly...but we make up. We have get togethers but it isn't the same unless everyone's there. I love them all:) And I think that remembering how that feels is going to make being a March sister so much easier.

"Broken hearts hurt but they make us strong."

I have been singing that lyric for years without listening to what it was saying.
Goodnight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment