Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All I've Got Tonight Is Static On A Screen


Reasons To Be Happy #34
1. Singing
2. A toasty car
3. Secret pear deodorant
4. Frogs
5. Blankets
6. Holiday Starbucks cups
7. Clear skin
8. Yoga balls
9. Thick tights
10. Footie pajamas
11. Good conversation
12. Hamsters

Oh today was really just lovely! I woke up and went downstairs to clean a bit-and then was off to my voice lesson. I'll admit I was a bit annoyed to discover that someone had moved my giant music archive and that that someone (my mother) is virtually impossible to get ahold of. The high school doesn't actually keep track of their EAs. I hate them. First I'm like "I'd like to speak to Shelly Boyd." and they say "Well...she's probably in a class right now can you just leave a voicemail somewhere." A. NO. I can't because she doesn't have her own extension you nitwit and B. Of COURSE she's in a fucking class. She works at a school. C. If i'm calling the school instead of her cellphone where I could easily leave a message that she might listen to...OBVIOUSLY I need to talk to her. Anyhow I had to go to my voice lesson without music. But it went SO SO SO well. Troy and I talked for a long time about life and how I was doing and it was just wonderful to catch up. I mean we work with each other everyday but we hardly ever talk about anything other than time signatures and acting choices. After the talk I began working on my new vocal eases. Ever since I got my tonsils out I've been making discoveries daily about my vocal chops. We wanted to see what my belt was like now so he gave me the song "Come To Your Senses" from Tick Tick Boom. We'll find out next week I guess! After that i went to rehearsal and it went well:) The cast is so small and of course I'm the youngest but I like the atmosphere. It's a lot different than Into the Woods...but I'm a little less stressed, for the moment at least. I have a lot of lines that I should probably start memorizing. We went over my duet with Stephen and I think that it went well:) That was about it for Little Women though. After rehearsal I went to Andra's house and we sat on her bed and made videos and ate pumpkin bread. I think she really wants me to date-but I don't want to...ever again, actually. I'm too young anyhow. I drove home and snuggled with my little kitty and now I'm here typing and on facebook!

Definition: Soul patch- YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG. Shave it off.
Piece of mind: Today Troy said to me "You know a 50 year old can date a 30 year old and it wouldn't be as large as an age difference as 18 and 20. That's the time when you find yourself. There's a lot of growing up to do in that stage of life."
He always knows exactly what to say doesn't he?

Truly inspiring.

"I apply my personality in a paste."

I want to be more like Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment