Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Heard That Your Dreams Came True




Reasons To Be Happy #39
1. Purring
2. Audrey Hepburn
3. Mashed potatoes
4. Musicals
5. Sushi
6. Knitting
7. Natural beauty
8. Trying new things
9. Origami
10. Sleeping

Oh dear god... so so much has happened since I last blogged...which sounds ridiculous right?! As if anyone reads my blog...anyhow, first and foremost my new little babies! Rafiki and Figaro are my new month old kittens and anyone who knows anything about me can already tell you-based on that information alone that I am obsessed with them. We are currently sitting in a "kitty fort" that I crafted which consists of blankets (aka...tent), a lamp, a computer, and kitty toys...and they are actually tearing the shit out of my pretty tights...but they are so cute! How could I even stay mad?! They also knocked over my mini pink christmas tree and took all of the ornaments off...which I was kind of sad about considering the fact that I spent a ridiculous amount of time decorating it. Plus it was like this weird thing where I was actually in bed at about 3 AM and I thought "I can't sleep....I'll decorate my mini tree!" and I got up and went full out...cleaned my room too. It's about 4 AM right now and I just got home from Harrison and Carolyn's house, where we played a series of interesting games such as a strange Korean game where if you show your teeth you get beaten with pillows, Mafia, and the human knot. I also got my hair cut today and had to walk six blocks in the rain to get to the appointment because apparently the entire world needed to be downtown at 3 PM also and parking was scarce to say the least. But it gave me the perfect opportunity to showcase my umbrella:) A couple weeks ago we had a sister outing where we all had dinner at Christie's and gossiped about our lives. My birthday was on the 1st and it was wonderful! I received so many birthday wishes and my heart was just so full! I didn't really do anything that spectacular, I bought a pair of shoes and some sushi so it was mostly like any other day:) But the shoes were 50% off with my discount! I dragged poor Andra around with me the whole time, she was so sick, but she was a lovely friend and went to Koibito with me and bought me a beautiful book all about... wait for it...Mama Monster! The one and only love of my life:) I seriously almost cried. She also paid for my coffee at starbucks, where this guy behind the counter was seriously getting his flirt on until I realized that I knew him from Kids At Play! When I told him his reaction had undertones of "whoaaa, you've blossomed since you were 9 years old." Kind of gratifying since he used to hate me as a small child and then hit on me as a young adult! Carolyn made me cupcakes and brought them to the theatre and Stephen bought me this amazing fancy coffee cake, they even put a candle in it:) I was so truly touched by all of it, that I actually went to the bathroom and cried, good tears of course:) My grandma let me order a coat offline as my gift and my mom paid my vet bills and half of my phone bill-so I'm content with that! I got the Droid 2 and I hardly understand it, one day I'll figure out how to at least change my ringtone to something that isn't a creepy robot voice saying "Droid" over and over again-which has to be one of the most embarrassing noises to be coming from my purse in target. Oh the little babies have fallen asleep in my lap! Precious:) Over the mini Thanksgiving break that we had I managed to kind of get together with some friends, I saw Kali once and she came and saw Little Women, I saw Tia a couple times, I saw Gabs, and I stopped in at the bowling alley after a show and saw Rachel and Hills for a little while. I've made plans with a lot of people for over the break though. I talked to Evan Hindman yesterday and we made definite plans for coffee, I'm going to go see little Clarke in A Christmas Story (PS: Right now he's recording the original cast album!!!!!), Leland and I are going to go see the baristas in slutty costumes to see if the coffee is actually good, and I pick Eddie up from the airport on wednesday and then we leave in the morning for Bellingham to get Tia:) Opening night for Little Women went wonderfully and the show has been great. We've gotten two rave reviews and I think that we're doing quite well! I always feel weird when a director has to leave before the show is over, but he's truly there in spirit:) There's been a couple malfunctions such as Carolyn's nappy updo wig and my top busting open during my song, and noticeably too. I have about 7 costumes I think, which doesn't seem like that many anymore but really it is. Last sunday we had two shows and a cabaret, which went so well, but I was literally so done afterwards that I said "fuck it." and go so wasted. I stayed at Christie's and threw up all the next day (that's what I get for drinking wine). My mom thought that it was hilarious-I however did not because I had to go perform in like an hour and was desperately just trying to keep SOMETHING down. Luckily I got ahold of Liz, hangover extraordinaire, who knew exactly what to do and I did not vomit onstage, thank god. Kittens biting my elbows right now...and possibly climbing my hair..off topic. Anyhow, I haven't gotten any hours at work. There was over 900 dollars worth of returns in one day so the store seriously ate it and they cut my shifts for the next week. I love working there but in all honestly they are probably going to fire me because...I signed on to do another show! Yesterday I was offered the part of Marcy Parks in Spelling Bee, they couldn't find an asian and I was apparently the next best thing. But I'm actually really excited, Steph is in it and Patrick, and Harrison. I'm thumbing through the script right now...I just hope that I'm good. Anyhow I'm sure that I have more to write but I seriously have to go because I have a matinee tomorrow and it's 5 AM.

Piece of mind: December is probably going to be a difficult month for me, but it will still be wonderful:) Being positive is the key, and really I'm so proud of myself because I don't hold grudges anymore and I think that's a big step towards becoming a better Bailey!

"There is no one like me, and there never was."

It's going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment