Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Was Carried To Ohio In A Swarm Of Bees.



Reasons To Be Happy #5
1. Black and white pictures
2. Pink hi-lighters
3. Tights
4. Inexpensive shoes
5. Europe
6. Reliable friends
7. Kitten whiskers
8. Circle scarves
9. Apple Cider
10. Freshly vacuumed carpet

Last night I stayed at Andra's lovely house! However I had a rather traumatic morning when I woke and found that when I spoke it sounded as if I had stuffed my throat with marshmallows! I looked in the mirror to find that my uvula (AKA the dangling punching bag thing in the back of your throat) was 4 times it's normal size and that my throat was quite irritated. I of course was having an absolute cow (we were scheduled for an Act 11 run today) and began researching like mad what the hell was happening to my body. I soon discovered that by being in the direct line of smoke-breaks last night at the Capital Theatre I had upset both the tissue on my uvula and the inside of my nose. I was swollen and burning...but at least now I know that I will never touch a cigarette, no matter how casually European they look. I set out to remedy my problem by enjoying a nutritional breakfast of vanilla ice cream, hoping that it would help the swelling go down and by driving to the walk-in clinic since my ENT was in surgery and I've yet to find a new doctor. That was such a run-on sentence. Anyways, first I had a kind of buff nurse. He was probably a football player in high school (which I doubt was long ago). He tried to talk to me about theatre and it was awkward because although I appreciated the effort, he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. He kept telling me that the owner of the office had a daughter and that she was in Wicked on Broadway as Dorothy...which I didn't have the heart to tell him, is not a role in that show. Then he left and I got really bored and uncomfortable because I always feel like I shouldn't lie down on the weird bed/chair because you know they'll know that you did when the paper is crinkled. And why is it that the doctor always has to walk into the room while your'e playing with the doctor toys? Today I had two tongue depressors and that odd ear instrument that LIGHTS UP. Well needless to say the doctor was not as amused as I (probably because he get's to play with them all of the time) and simply said "What are you doing?" to which I replied "What are you doing?"
...
I then slowly put the toys down and the doctor told me I had lost weight and that I didn't have strep. He then said "Take some Advil."
Thanks. Glad I waited for two hours for you to tell me to take Advil...
After that waste of time I went and bought some super cute undies from Charlotte Russe. I also saw 4 shirtless men on the way to rehearsal. Who do they think they are Matthew Mcconaughey? I also hear that Snooki (popular Jersey Shore reality star/ hotmess, and not like Ke$ha or Lilo) is writing...a book. A. She can read/write?! B. The book title is "A Shore Thing." Oh how incredibly punny of you trashy orange-blob with eyeliner. and C. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO! Victor Nabokov is rolling in his grave right now.
It's most definitely tea-time.
On another note why am I always buying these "100 calorie pack snacks" thinking "Oh I will eat one and be healthy." Then I eat 5 and I still just want a cookie...
Rehearsal went well, but I'm terrified for the run-through tomorrow. I hope I remember everything. Curse you Sondheim. I wasn't built for your brilliance.
Now the usual: My dreamsies- "You are reliable and dependable. You are experiencing a reawakening and have a fresh outlook on life. You are a blank-slate."
:)
Definition: Cabelas- A scary place full of camo, hicks, and dead animal heads. To be avoided at all costs.

Piece of mind: It's easy to be a bitch. Finding the alternative is what's challenging. As I pop these advil into my mouth and devour this delicious avocado (dinner only get's later every night) I'm thinking this.

My quote tonight.

"There is no way for them to take away my sadness, but they can make sure I am not empty of all the other feelings"

I hope I wake up feeling brand new.

This is funny: Click on it. http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/12/the-evolution-of-the-hipster-2000-2009.html


No comments:

Post a Comment